Sunday, January 26, 2020

2.8 Camping


1939 (still)



Dear diarry, I'm so upset thaatt my hand iss shaking wrriting this.  The children are in school now. and Jacob is learning science while Emma is learning music after school.   Ever since seeing Molly at the park the other month  I been pondering over what the words might mean..

In the woods, where happiness two maidens did find,
Is a place where dreams do dwell.

But I did finally figure it out. I need to go to Granite Falls








One night when the twins were sleeping,  I went downstairs and talked to Mistress Grant about the idea of taking the children camping to take their mind off the war.   So off I went with Jacob and Emma the next day,  and after getting to our lodging,  we played a game of horseshoe








After Emma hugged me, she asked me a peculiar question and asked what might happen to her.. I couldn't really answer the question but I did say "You might have to marry someone you're parents approved"  Then later we sat around the fire and I told this story




"Once upon  a time there lived a princess who parents died, she moved in with her relatives but after she learned she was going to be engaged to one of her distant cousins, she casted a spell, and it seem to have backfired and everyone remaining of her relatives die.  She moves to another town, and marries and have two princesses and a prince at once. The older princess treats the younger one very shabbily. Then as teenager the older princess falls in love with someone she believes is a teen. But after a baby princess is born,  she disappears  and the eldest princess hasn't been seen since!!"



I then put them to bed and sang them this song that Mom used to sing to me:
Stay Awake don't rest your head
don't lie down upon your bed
while the moon drifts in the sky
stay awake don't close your eyes

Though the world is fast asleep
Though your pillow soft and deep
you're not sleepy as you seem
stay awake, don't nod and dream
stay awake, don't nod and dream



I was able to harvest some plants in the woods and catch some insects and then I return to the lodging and went to bed myself.    This morning at breakfast Jacob mention a dream he had.   It seems to be related to Hannah, that a teen  Hannah will be  lying injured supposedly after a duel someplace? I was so upset because I know it has something to do with me being a monster in childhood and teen years unless it's has something to do with the potion I'm going to be making.






No comments:

Post a Comment