Wednesday, June 17, 2020

3.4 Isolation Part 2


1965

Dear diarry.., you're my only friend at the moment.  I been such a fool but I was so blinded by the love that Harley was showing that I refused to see when he behaved badly.   I should start at the beginning?



Because I was spending so much time at the Berjsens' that Queen Kelly  encouraged me and Prince Harley to date. I was so blind to Harley's behaviour I didn't realize he was getting me to steal some stuff like at the beginning it was just was books..and as young as we were he made me steal a rabbit item from a motel we were vacationing before having some woohoo time.   After Opa Bai died,  Harley comforted me.. and he was my date to Opa's funeral.  Sometimes I wonder if he just liked to woohoo with me.    












About three month ago he told me to try to see a display tray of items in a Coffee house  but I didn't  because the employee  told me to get out of the employee-only area so I did.  Despite us being in broad public Harley started yelling at me saying "I can't do anything right" and "Mother's right you're a dirty mutt"  but then he embraced me and then asked me to be his GF and I accepted.  But after I got home  Lucy yelled at me 'BECAUSE OF YOU I'M NOT WELCOME IN MY FAVOURITE STORES ANYMORE! EITHER THAT OR I'M FOLLOWED AROUND LIKE CRIMINAL!!"








Then about two months ago that Harley wanted me to steal a precious kind of gnome.. he didn't tell me what the big deal was.  But he said "If you don't do this I'm dumping you..you have to make sure no one sees you ok? "  I tried collecting the said gnome but I got confronted by the owner and I guess some employees had called the cops so there I am running and I'm knocked down by this cop and he said "You're under arrest for repeated shop lifting attempts.. being trying to get at you for months"  I had to sleep overnight at the jail









Prince Harley then came to the jail in the early hours of the morning and told the cop on duty "I'm here to bail out America Swanson."  and the cop let me out.  As we were getting read to leave Prince David Landgrabbie came into the society.   Prince Harley said to David "I thought if you were any slower you would be here next WEDNESDAY!!"  and "I thought it was your SISTER who was the slow one not YOU."   and "She's my property, not yours.. our parents insisted for us to get married when we're older."   David and my eyes caught each other as I left.. like they were saying he's going to wait for me.




But  it got WORSE  after school.. and after Mom got home from work.. Mom was furious about what was in the newspaper.  "MY OWN DAUGHTER A THIEF?  DO YOU KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE HAVING TO HEAR IT FROM MY NIECES ABOUT THIS? SEE THIS NEWSPAPER ARTICLE" and she added "AFTER YOU READ THIS GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!"

I read the article and then went to the Rex's homeless shelter nearby to use their phone to call the Berjsens.  Prince Harley answer  and said "Hello,  this is Prince Harley how may I help you?"  I said "It's me America, my Mom kicked me out of my house.. can I stay with your family?"  He was silent for a couple of mintues (I guess checking with his Mom?) and he said "Mom's says you can."



I then went over to the royal place and Queen Kelley meet me and she told me that "I am allowing you in this home but only under one condition. you do some chores I assign for you. Is that fair?"  I agreed with it.  Then she told me she had some nieces waiting for me upstairs.  They forced me into a chair took off all my make-up and then took my clothes for themselves and forced me into a sort of Cinderella outfit.  When I came back I realized I had been tricked because the chores was basically what you expect Cinderella to do. Basically EVERYTHING and I also had to keep the grades up as well.  I don't even get a bed!! I have to sleep on the couch!!


By the end of the week I was exhausted..   and I can't complain.... or else it means the streets for me. I don't have a choice

























2 comments:

  1. I personally love to read diary entries so the format felt very personal to me as if she were confiding into me and as the reader I felt like her secret best friend. I don't know her but was able to keep up with the story well and was able to distinguish the important characters (Harley and David) that was introduced. I love the pictures that came after the words so I'm able to pair with context. I like that as she is penning her thoughts I'm able to make my own conclusions of her relationship with Harley which is sooooo toxic that guy goes on my hitlist for sure. David seems like a nice guy but poor America is so codependent on Harley at this point that she once again seeks him out at the lowest point of her life. She doesn't even question his family's treatment of her. (Girl, if he truly loves you he's not going to let them treat you like cinderella.)

    I feel truly sorry for her and hope she will get an opportunity to get out of this situation. I like your chapter very much. I'm immediately invested in America's wellbeing and hope her mom gets stoke on the pyre for throwing her out instead of asking questions of why she did it, giving her the benefit of the doubt, or other more considerate actions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually David and Harley were introduced in the Toddlers chapter as toddlers.

      Delete