Saturday, April 9, 2022

6.10 Protecting Prince James

2016


Dear diary, I'm living in a a palace now!  I'm really confused.. I'm feel like I should be happy but also at the same time I'm not 




It all started late this morning  Everyone but Vienne  and I  were still sleeping when I brought in the newspaper.  It was very interesting news and she had me wake up the rest of the family.  Everyone came down in their PJs much to  Vienne's annoyance.  But she still read the newspaper article again.   The prince was searching for the woman whom lost her slipper the previous night. 

 


Everyone got really excited and I left the room to start sweeping.  I didn't realize that Vienne  was behind me and I started dancing and singing from the previous night.  


She then followed me up to the attic and told me she had something she wanted me to clean in the basement


It was basically a trap really.  She tied me up to get me to listen to her "offer".   She said "No one will listen to me, a  raggedy servant girl with no supposedly family. If you try to claim the prince's heart. But with someone like myself. a good noble woman to put your forward.. I will not be ignored.  When you're Queen  you will replay me back by making me the  head of the royal household and my daughters, Leah and Denise, will be paired off  to wealthy and titled lords and I will manage Prince James"




I replied "I'm couldn't protect Cousin Sergio,  Cousin Sara Wendy's father from you.  But I WILL PROJECT PRINCE JAMES FROM YOU! No matter what becomes of me"    I also added "Why do you treat me like this? When all I have ever done to you is be kind?"

Vienne said "We will see about that but you WOULDN'T EVER BE TRYING ON THE SLIPPER!"


When I was tied up in the 2nd leve of the basement. Sara Wendy tried on the gold slipper and then Leah tried on the gold slipper. Of course neither fit the shoe



Sara Wendy and Leah went outside the room to talk  (as they told me later) and Sara Wendy  said  "I'm wondering  where Selene is?  Why hasn't she shown up yet?" 

  Leah suggested "Maybe you should look in the areas she might be in and see if she's there?"  



Sara Wendy checked the kitchen, the dinning room, and even the basement first level where the washtub is.  And didn't find me. 


the last place she looked was in the attic and she still didn't find me 

Denise was trying on the gold slipper next. Of course it didn't fit


When she was doing that Leah and Sara Wendy were talking some more.  Sara Wendy said "I still can't find Selene."  Leah whispered "I heard there's a second level of a basement in this house which was bricked up for years that a Countess Emma Grant's father the first and only Earl in the family-locked a slave in when she tried to run away,"   Sara Wendy asked "How do you know about it?"  Leah said "Mom unbricked it when she re-renovated the house to try to keep one of you- either you or Selene.. in line."   Leah said "You go recuse Selene, and I will tell my mother to try on the shoe just to stall the Prince James here until Selene gets up"


So Leah talks to her mother "Maybe you should try on the shoe?"


Sara Wendy went to the basement and like Leah suspected.. I needed recusing 

When  Vienne asked Leah  "Why  would I want to try on a young woman's shoe? It probably wouldn't fit." 

Leah answered

" It might get your closer to the king. Which I know you want to control"  So  Vienne  agrees to try it on. 



Sara Wendy unties me and we go up to the house


Vienne tries on the slipper of course it didn't fit 


Prince James asked "Are there any other young maidens in this house?" 
Vienne replied "No there aren't any" 



When he walked out the door of the living room.. he almost bumped into me. 


He brings me into the living room and told his servant to try the slipper  on me and it was the perfect fit Despite Vienne's objection "She's nothing but a servant girl!"


Prince James went into the hall with Vienne and they talked or more like he yelled "YOU DON'T EVER LIE TO ROYAL FAMILY MEMBERS EVER.  I heard rumours of someone in this town hiding another girl! and the rumours were she was ugly but she's the most beautiful girl I have ever seen" 

He then did some kind of prank on Vienne I don't know  what it was but Leah might know though  



Vienne then kowtowed to me asking me to forgive her.   Which I did


When I left  the room Denise also kotowed to me. Asking me to forgive her.


I made Vienne kowtowed to me again next to her one daughter



I said to Vienne  "You don't dare touch any body part of Sara Wendy's or make her a servant.. and I will hear about it and MAKE YOU PAY?! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!"

Vienne said meekly "Yes, I do understand"



We made a few stops before we went to the palace to get me more dressed up for meeting King Henry. Somehow when I got my new outfit on. Something magically appeared on my neck--it was the necklace from the ball night.  When I got the other outfits on .. except for sleepwear the necklace magically appeared on them as well.


When I got to the palace  King Henry, Prince James and I set on the couch and we talked. Or more like King Henry and I talked.  



King Henry asked me "Where did I go to school?"
I said "I was forbidden to go to school by the woman whom ended up being my guardian, Vienne Calentine  when I was really young. I don't know whom my parents are but supposedly the whole family was in a plane crash."   I said "My cousin, Sara Wendy Grant, Vienne's step-daughter whom is my age,  taught me at nighttime how to read, how to write, how to do math as well.  But Vienne's older daughter Leah.. taught me how to curtesy." 

King Henry said "Well we will get you started with someone teaching you how to do other ladylike-things.. like Piano, and painting and such"   I replied "I suggest for Piano, you ask for Miss Calentine, aka Leah to tutor me she's a master at Piano."



King Henry and I  talked about more. 


He said "I will be giving you the title of Lady, Selene girlfriend of Prince James."  I thanked him for that. 


He also appointed me as Patronage of  Foods. So I can do work with soup kitchens and Bake sales. 

I was then shown my room.  It feels so big much bigger then what I had.. and a lot cleaner though.





No comments:

Post a Comment