Wednesday, March 3, 2021

4.4 Horseriding

Note: There's racism and maybe a bit of sexism in this chapter


Dear diary I'm such a confusing mess.  I have a billion problems my science teacher thinks I should be in "home ec" instead of chemistry 201.  Also, Cousin Mave got crowned Queen (not that she wasn't Queen after her non-crowned Dad, King Pedro died). Also, I'm wondering if something's bad about to happen because of my boyfriend since we been together for a year and that's normally when bad things start.  Also, I'm been in good seasons working as manual labour.    Anyway I should start at the beginning 


I was riding my horse Luna over to distant Cousin Mave's house. She's the new Queen because her father died uncrowned (even though he was king technically)-to give my condolences to her and my allegiance to her as well. (I also have allegiance to Uncle Henry my Dad's little brother who is King of Oasis Springs) 



At school, the science teacher (who everyone calls Mr. Pancakes-because he married into the Pancake family by the one daughter, the two sons married outside the family and are now a "Mr.Ford" and a "Mr.Calentine") hates it when I answer chemistry questions even when I answer them correctly  he said that two days before my cousin's coronation that "You should be in Home Ec class and not chemistry class so you can go into domestic work life for people like you"


Now in the past year, I been stalked in stores -before I could go in without any problems but now employees are suspicious of me? I first found this one-two months after Cousin Marve's cornation. I went in to get a present for a friend and the one female employee there stalked me through the store.



Also, I still have to deal with Mr. Pancakes'  attitude. Besides being what I believe racists (the comments about domestic work for being for people like me) he also said to male classmates (including my boyfriend Blake) that they should "snatch me up because I'm young and fertile" and a couple of times he also said I only want to attend college to get an "MRS" degree (I guess he forgets he got a "Mr" degree without going to college)


That led my Mom, went and yell at Mr.Pancakes. "I NEVER WANT TO HEAR AGAIN, THAT YOU HAVE SAID SEXIST AND RACIST THINGS AROUND AND TO EITHER OF MY DAUGHTERS!"
The teacher kept saying that I should really be in home ec class since a science career isn't the place for someone like me.  That I would be better off in a domestic career instead. That or I should get married early and have babies instead


Mom just yelled "I NEVER WANT TO HEAR THOSE FIBS AGAIN. AND IF I DO I'M GOING TO THE PRINCIPAL MR. GRANT TO GET YOUR FIRED! AM I CLEAR?!"

The weekend after Mr.Pancakes said that sexist stuff to and around me (and Mom went and yelled at him) Blake, my boyfriend took me out for lunch and it was very nice lunch as well.  After dropping him off at his house I stopped at the grocery store to pick up something and the employee there (who happens to be a different cousin and also my former childhood soccer mate Layla Wade) was an employee there and like the employee from the store earlier followed me around the store.
That summer Blake took me to a movie Cujo or something? I had my eyes closed for most of the movie-not much of a fan of horror.  And that winter Blake hired a stallion so we could ride side by side (his horse was a mirror copy of mine and his name was Rolf) and we held hands when we were on our respective horses.  On the way home from the horse riding once again I went into a store this time a drug store  and a different  relative (who also was my former teammate) Clara Fogel followed me around (I guess her dad has told her how my Mom used to steal)


Due to the fact that Cousin Mave knighted me -I would occasionally go for visits over there to protect the country.  My cousin Prince Corey says when he's king, he will also knight me for Oasis Springs and also Princess Jo has disappeared we think she's been killed for some unknown reason.  

After one such trip to the Royal Willow Creek-I returned back to Widenbug and my spoiled brat of a baby brother Julian asked if I could take him on a ride. I told him "No" and he had a temper tantrum which lead to Dad yelling at ME.  He told me to take Julian, Elliot (our other brother) and Cora to the toy store to make sure that Julian or Cora don't get into trouble


So I did what Dad demanded me too.  But as soon as Julian got near the shelves he started to put stuff in his pockets so I pulled him away with Elliot watching what I was doing (I made sure to return what he stole to the store afterwards).  I took Julian home and Elliot excitedly told a disappointed Cora about what Julain does (we are both sick of Julian's antics) 













2 comments:

  1. Mr. Pancakes is a piece of work. 🙄

    Great storytelling so far! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to make some drama in the 1980s when this part of the story took place and I knew about racism and I know about sexism. As you learned, that in the following chapter I had reverse-racism and reverse sexism.

      Delete