Friday, August 12, 2022

Interlude 7.2. Literary Romance


Dear diary    I'm so in love with LiterallyOwMuttl89




I even went to the library and in it sang a love song to LiterallyOwMuttl89  



I know you have read a lot of books 



So I thought I'd go and take a look 
and see what the fuss was about 

And pretty soon, I found out/That these stories that you love so well 
have a common happenstance
I guess you could say I just fell 
for literature's perception of romance



I want to be the Ron to your Hermione 


The Harry to your Ginny



If you be Jane Bennet to my Mr. Bingley 

Or Elizabeth to my Darcy 



Maybe its foolish of me to think/
that the two of us have a chance
But I want to have a literary romance 





I have read the story of the Oddesy 

and how Odysseus' Penople 

Despite how Gods forced him to 



roam 

Waited for him to 



return home 



To love, in a world run amuck 

Cupid and Psyche 


Henry and Clare 

but not Bella and Edward ... cause that just sucks

I want to be the Pudge to your Alaska 

but without the whole dying thing


I want to be the Lancelot to your Guinevere 

but without cheating on the King



Let the Naysays have their say


But I don't want to hear "Won't's" and can't's" 







I want to have a literary romance.






The Fyero to your Elphaba 

The Perseus to your Andromeda
 


The Colin to his non-Katherine 


or the Q to the Margo Roth Spiegleman  



and you say "Don't this can't end well" 




And it's possible I'm crazy as hell 



But I have read too many books you see 


My expectations are not grounded in reality 


I'd know I would like us to take the place of Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase



Because you see in the storybook world, the guy usually gets the girl 
Making a fictional romance last in the real world that's the trick
like Hebe with Hercules (after he passed) 

or Robert Langdon with take your pick






I want to be Lysander to your Hermia


(no faeire magic the real thing)



But I wouldn't be Romeo to your Juliet I want more then an angsty fling 


and you mght think this is just a game, 


That I just want to get into your pants 


But I really want an literally romance 



But I really want an literally romance 

But I really want an literally romance 

But I really want an literally romance 

But I really want an literally romance 




_______________________
Song is by Matt Guion aka Bandgeek8408




No comments:

Post a Comment